About The Program: Provides up to $120,000 (tax free) to medical (MD and DO) or dental (DDS or DMD) students in their final year of school in return for a commitment to provide primary health care full-time for at least 3 years or part-time for 6 years at an approved NHSC site in a Health Professional Shortage Area of greatest need.
- Students applying to the program must be U.S. citizens or nationals and enrolled or accepted in an eligible medical or dental degree program at a U.S. accredited school.
- Installments are paid to students annually in a lump sum which, when applied to qualified health professional student loans, can significantly lower the overall debt by reducing accrued loan interest amounts.
- NHSC S2S LRP award recipients are eligible to continue service through the NHSC Loan Repayment Program, and could potentially pay off all of their educational debt with continued service at an approved NHSC site.
Application Cycle is Now Open! The 2019 National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Students to Service Loan Repayment Program (S2S LRP) is now open and will close on Thursday, December 20 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Read the 2019 Application and Program Guidance (PDF-534 KB) carefully before you start your application.
Interested applicants are encouraged to participate in one of these application events:
3:30 – 4:30 PM ET
Dial in number: 888-324-2881 Passcode: 6006549
Q & A Sessions
December 13 & 18
9:00 AM – 5 PM ET
- Application and Program Guidance (PDF – 534 KB)
- Fact Sheet (PDF – 190 KB)
- Search for NHSC-approved sites on the Health Workforce Connector