If you and your colleagues at work want to do something simple to make your workplace a healthier and happier place, there are free resources to help you do that.
The American Diabetes Association team in West Virginia is looking for local folks interested in wellness in the workplace. Their Wellness Lives Here initiative provides valuable tools to assist in setting up a workplace wellness program, launching lunch-and-learn programs, and offering proven strategies to develop best practices around workplace wellness.
The goal is to inspire and fuel our nation’s healthful habits at work and beyond. With year-round opportunities, Wellness Lives Here helps companies, organizations and communities educate and motivate people to adopt healthful habits to reduce the impact of type 2 diabetes and other obesity-related illnesses.
For some, it means fewer sick days and higher productivity. For others, it means looking and feeling better. For everyone, the result is empowerment—Americans who are better able to control, delay or prevent Diabetes and related health problems.
If you’re interested in learning more, contact Deanie Eldridge, Executive Director for the American Diabetes Association in West Virginia, at firstname.lastname@example.org or. 757-424-6662 x3281.
Deanie can help develop a complimentary custom wellness plan for your organization.
And here’s some handy online wellness tools you can use right now.
- 2018 Wellness Lives Here engagement days – http://www.diabetes.org/in-my-community/wellness-lives-here/
- Type 2 Diabetes Risk Test – http://www.diabetes.org/are-you-at-risk/diabetes-risk-test/
- Living with Type 2 Diabetes Program – Help your newly diagnosed patients enroll in the FREE Living With Type 2 Diabetes program. This year-long program sends enrollees more information about living with type 2 diabetes, new recipes to try and opportunities to find support from others living with diabetes. To order the free booklets go to: www.diabetes.org/atdx
- Ask the Experts- Monthly webinars with Q @ A session with national experts on the topic. www.diabetes.org/experts
- Diabetes Pro – Professional Resources available online at https://professional.diabetes.org/
- My Food Advisor – Great recipes available as well as daily meal plans- www.diabetes.org/recipes