The SAVVY CAREGIVER Program is an evidence-based, 12-hour training provided over a six-week period for people who care for a family member with dementia.
Those completing this nationally acclaimed course gain:
- Personal knowledge, skills & caregiving perspective
- Skills to assess abilities of their loved one with dementia
- Confidence to set and alter caregiving goals
- Strategies to manage activities of daily living
- Understanding of the disease progression
- Essential abilities to attend to self-care
- Increased ability to work effectively with professionals providing care
It is expected that participants commit to attending all six sessions. For more information regarding the Savvy Caregiver curriculum, contact the Alheimer’s Association at 800-272-3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Series made possible by a grant from the WV Bureau of Senior Services and the Administration for Community Living/Administration on Aging.
Six-week Savvy Caregiver Series Schedule and Location:
2-4 pm Tuesdays, April 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, May 1st and 8th 2018 at HospiceCare, 467 Main Street #100, Madison, WV 25130
RSVP to Carol Matheny, 800-642-8686, ext. 4230