All health professionals, students or community members working on public health issues in West Virginia are invited to a series of free trainings on how to access and use the West Virginia Health Data Portal.
The West Virginia Health Data Portal contains more than 300 data sets and trend analyses of West Virginia’s health statistics, and is a powerful tool to help inform rural health stakeholders, citizens, policy and decision-makers on where and how their health care demands are affecting the state.
This information can be used to demonstrate current health provider distribution relative to a health outcome, the economic impact of health care shortages within a community, trends in children in poverty, low birthweight babies, minority health, drug overdoses by county, resources for treatment and mental health services, and transit services to name a few.
Though the webinars are free, registration is required. Use the form below to register.
The free webinars are scheduled for:
- January 16, 3 – 4 p.m.
- January 26, 10 – 11 a.m.
- March 8, 10 – 11 a.m.
- March 20, 3 – 4 p.m.
Register: West Virginia Health Data Portal training webinars
Participants will go through the various features of the portal, including a description of the secured data layers that are only available to West Virginia Rural Health Association (WVRHA) members.
Participants will learn how to utilize the portal’s functions as we demonstrate how the portal addresses the following tasks:
- Viewing providers in rural and underserved areas, mapping and downloading data.
- Using the Service Area tool to perform analysis and download data.
- Analyzing Specialty Physician needs through health outcomes.
- Viewing and mapping access to care and patient health demographic and health determinants.
- Determining the number of healthcare providers in proximity to a healthcare facility.
- Determining the distance and time of travel between two locations.
- Viewing the data available to address opioid abuse.
- Viewing the data available to support grandparents raising grandchildren.
Use the form above to register for the webinars.