What is STLR?
- “Statewide Therapist Loan Repayment” (STLR) is a new project of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
- STLR will repay up to $20,000 of awardees’ eligible student loan expenses in exchange for a 2-year service obligation at a qualified facility in the state of West Virginia.
- Candidate must be in the final academic year of a master’s level program by the time of the application deadline on November 4, 2019.
- The vision of the STLR project is to contribute to West Virginia’s recovery, in employment as well as health, at the individual and community level. STLR will give priority to individuals who are themselves in recovery and have “lived experience.”
- Awards will be provided post-graduation for successful applicants after agreeing to the 2-year service obligation with a qualified employer (that provides professional liability insurance coverage) and agrees to the terms and conditions of the STRL guidelines. Applicants are not required to know their employment site at time of application.
What West Virginia employers may be eligible?
- Licensed Behavioral Health Center (LBHC)
- Office Based Medication Assisted Treatment (OBMAT)
- Health Rights or other free clinics
- Opioid Treatment Program (OTP)
- Private practice that accepts Medicaid payment for behavioral health care
Sounds great! How can I find out more and apply?
- Applications are due November 4th, 2019
- Check the WV Bureau for Behavioral Health website at dhhr.wv.gov/bhhf/ under the Workforce tab for regular updates as the deadline approaches.
- Contact the STLR Project Coordinator, Steven.A.Little@wv.gov
- Call or Text: 859.391.0336