Save the Date: WV Geriatric Society Annual Summit 2022
Theme for Virtual Event is “Moving Forward”
Thursday, January 20, 2022 | 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET
COVID-19 has had an extraordinary impact on our world. This impact is exceedingly profound for the older adult population. Facing greater vulnerability, healthcare disparities, a challenging long term care system, extreme social isolation, as well as lack of care workers, how do we move forward to provide the care needed? In addition, those who work in the healthcare field were confronted with unprecedented challenges. What have we learned? What needs to be changed? How do we move forward to serve, protect and promote the well-being of all older adults? What tools and practices do we need to empower those who work in the field of geriatric care?
Join us on Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. to talk about these questions.
- Clay B. Marsh, M.D., Vice President and Executive Dean, WVU Health Sciences Dean, WVU School of Medicine
- Shawn Allen, DSW, LGSW, Assistant Professor Social Work and Sociology, Concord University, Athens, WV
- Samantha Byrd, MSW, LGSW, Adjunct Professor Social Work, Concord University, Athens, WV
- Thomas McIntosh, 2nd Year Medical Student, Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, WV
- Lisa Nord, RPh, Marshall University School of Pharmacy, Huntington, WV
- Charles Babcock, PharmD, Marshall University School of Pharmacy, Huntington, WV
- Timothy Saar, PhD, Forensic Psychologist, South Charleston, WV
Registration deadline is Wednesday, January 19.