Funding Announcement – Advanced Nursing Education Workforce (ANEW) Program
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) released a new Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). The Advanced Nursing Education Workforce (ANEW) Program aims to increase the number of primary care nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, and certified nurse midwives trained and prepared to provide primary care services, mental health and substance use disorder care, and maternal health care. The grants will support the training and graduation of advanced practice registered nursing (APRN) students and trainees in these disciplines.
HRSA will award approximately $34 million to up to 53 grantees over a period of four years.
Eligible applicants include:
- Accredited schools of nursing
- Nursing centers (nurse managed health clinics/centers)
- Academic health centers
- Domestic faith-based and community-based organizations
- Tribes and tribal organizations
- State or local governments and other nonprofit private or public entities determined appropriate by the HHS Secretary, such as Rural Health Clinics
Please view the NOFO for a complete eligibility information.
The application deadline is April 7, 2023.