Minority Research Grant Program: Funding Opportunity Now Open!
Funding Opportunity Now Open! Up to 3 Grants Totaling $1 Million for Health Equity Researchers at Minority Serving Institutions
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Office of Minority Health’s (CMS OMH) Minority Research Grant Program (MRGP) is proud to release a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for researchers at minority-serving institutions (MSIs). As a grantee, you will partner with CMS OMH to grow your research credentials, increase public knowledge of health equity, and join the ranks of other published MRGP awardees.
The funding opportunity supports researchers at MSIs, who are investigating or addressing health care disparities affecting CMS OMH focus populations, including racial and ethnic minority groups, members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) community; people with disabilities; individuals with limited English proficiency, individuals who live in rural areas; and individuals otherwise adversely affected by persistent poverty or inequality. CMS will award up to 3 grants, totaling up to $333,000 each.
Review the notice of funding opportunity CMS-1W1-23-001 on grants.gov. The deadline to submit applications is July 12, 2023.
Eligible MSIs include:
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
- Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs)
- Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs)
- Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs)
- Newly Eligible MSIs in 2023: Native American Serving Non-Tribal Institutions (NASNTIs), Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions (ANNHSIs), and Predominantly Black Colleges (PBCs)