Register Today!Back-to-School Planning: Enrollment, Retention,Vaccines, and Mental Health Services
Back-to-School Planning: Enrollment, Retention,
Vaccines, and Mental Health Services
The Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign Invites You to Attend a Webinar:
Back-to-School Planning: Enrollment, Retention, Vaccines, and Mental Health Services
Wednesday, June 21, 2023
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. EST
While enrollment is open year-round, the Back-to-School season is an opportune time to help connect families, kids, and teens to health coverage through Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Well-child visits, vaccines, and behavioral health care are often top of mind for families as kids get ready to head back to school and are all covered through Medicaid and CHIP. It’s also an important time to remind people who have Medicaid or CHIP about the need to renew their coverage as states have restarted eligibility reviews and can disenroll people now that the continuous coverage requirement has expired.
In this webinar, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid staff will discuss important topics to keep kids healthy throughout the school year – the importance of immunizations, the integration of behavioral health services in schools, and how to help families maintain their coverage as states restart eligibility reviews. In addition, a current Connecting Kids to Coverage grantee will share their own experience collaborating with schools and families. Speakers will share best practices for school-based outreach that organizations can put into motion now for the fall and learn about the Campaign’s school-based materials to support these efforts.
- Stefanie Costello, Director, Partner Relations Group, Office of Communications, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Aditi Mallick, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Kate Ginnis, MSW, MPH Senior Policy Advisor, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Ashley Smith, MPH Project Manager, Greater Flint Health Coalition
- Porter Novelli Public Services, Outreach Contractor, Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign