New Funding Opportunity! State Primary Care Offices
New Funding Opportunity!
State Primary Care Offices
Applications accepted until December 14, 2023 11:59 p.m. ET.
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) released a new Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the State Primary Care Offices (PCOs) Program to support states and territories in undertaking the following overarching efforts:
- Statewide primary care needs assessment
- Technical assistance and collaboration
- Shortage designation coordination
The funding will facilitate the coordination of activities within a state or territory that assess the need for primary care services and providers, promote the recruitment and retention of health care providers to help meet identified needs, and help reduce shortages of health care providers.
Awards: HRSA anticipates awarding approximately $11 million to 54 recipients through this funding opportunity.
Eligible applicants include:
- A state or territory, state agency, or other statewide public or nonprofit entity that operates solely within a state or U.S. territories
- In addition to the 50 states, only the District of Columbia, Guam, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau may apply.